Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blog #6



Let's see...I really do not know much about McLean County or its political history.  I really only know that it is supposed to be conservative but the Universities really throw that off since they are more liberal.  I don't know a lot for a few reasons. #1 I blame the college bubble.  Living in the dorms I had no real reason to go to more parts in the county because everything I needed was right here at the university.  Which leads to #2 that I have not felt the need to be involved or be a part of this county until this class because I never considered it my home, even though now I'm living here literally all year...and for the next year.  I think knowing about counties can just help you be more knowledgeable...but sadly...I don't even know that much about Cook County...and I've lived there for 19 years.  I think it is important to know about your city, because counties are almost too big for someone to really grasp and categorize it.  Especially Cook County because suburb kids are way different than city kids, yet we are in the same county.  

Wow...I did not realize McLean County had so much history!  It was really interesting to learn about the different types of people that settled here, and how much of an impact the universities have on the county.  

No comments:

Post a Comment