Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blog #5




Apparently I am a liberal leftist.  I honestly cannot say I am surprised because a lot of their issues are ones that I agree on.  I would be more likely linked to the Democratic party, which is the party that I prefer.  Politically, I seem to resemble Gandhi, but I am more to the right where there are no political figures.


I prefer the Democratic party for a few reasons.  #1 Living in Illinois and raised in the suburbs, I feel like most of the people around me are democrats. #2 Age-wise, my generation appears to be mostly democratic. #3 I agree with a lot of the issues democrats side with.  #4 I went on the democratic website and read the "what we stand for": "The Democratic Party is committed to keeping our nation safe and expanding opportunity for every American. That commitment is reflected in an agenda that emphasizes the strong economic growth, affordable health care for all Americans, retirement security, open, honest and accountable government, and securing our nation while protecting our civil rights and liberties."  Who wouldn't want that? #5 I didn't want to be biased and only look at the democrats website, so I went to the site for the republicans.  Honestly...it was really creepy and kind of scary.  I mean BAM right on the home page it was all "The Democrats are advancing their agenda.  Your life is now under their scrutiny."  Oh gosh...and then there is that creepy picture (no offense).  Basically that site makes the republicans look bad.  Especially when the democrat's site is all cheery and hopeful looking.  If the republicans are really trying to get the youth vote back...they should really work on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment